Delta 8 in Arlington TX? It’s the new buzz word amongst cannabis connoisseurs, what is Delta 8? Delta-8-THC (short for delta 8 tetrahydrocannabinol) is a minor cannabinoid, one of hundreds occurring naturally in the hemp plant in very small concentrations. To acquire a substantial quantity of this cannabinoid, a significant amount of extraction and refinement must take place.
Based on feedback from current users and the very limited research to date, Delta 8 products may be an option worth considering for those:
- Seeking relaxation from a natural product that is more potent than CBD but less potent than Delta 9 THC
- Who have benefitted from using Delta 9 THC but don’t want the intense high feeling that may be associated with its use.
What Does the Research Say?
Medical research on the benefits and effects of Delta 8 is still very limited. There is still much to be learned about Delta 8 and other cannabinoids from controlled human trials and research. Our review of research studies mentioning Delta 8 THC yielded only a few results.
- Antiemetic (effective against vomiting and nausea)– In this 1995 study, Delta 8 THC completely prevented vomiting with negligible side effects in children who were being treated with cancer drugs.
- Reduced pain and inflammation– the topical application of Delta 8 THC and CBD reduced corneal pain and inflammation in this 2018 study conducted with mice. The results supported reports noted by the researchers that activation of the endocannabinoid system may be analgesic (pain-relieving) and anti-inflammatory.
- Appetite stimulant– this 2004 study found that Delta 8 THC given to mice in very small doses caused “increased food consumption and tendency to improve cognitive function” without side effects. It led the researchers to conclude that a low dose of THC may be a “potential therapeutic agent in the treatment of weight disorders.”
Will Delta 8 Get You High?
Based on reports from users, taking too much Delta 8 THC can indeed result in psychotropic effects similar to Delta 9 THC. The intensity of those effects vary by person and also depends on how much you’ve consumed.
Some users have reported feeling a “mild, clear-headed high” whereas others say they have experienced the higher anxiety, nausea and paranoia that you might expect from using high doses of Delta 9 THC in marijuana.
Assuming that you want to avoid the effect of feeling an intense “high”, it is recommended that you take Delta 8 in smaller amounts. This is especially true if you are just starting out and not sure of what to expect.
Over time, you will get a better understanding of how your body reacts to Delta 8 and can decide how much you should be taking for your desired results.
Can Delta 8 Make You Fail a Drug Test?
Yes, using Delta 8 THC products can absolutely cause a positive result for THC on a drug test. This is due to the fact that Delta 8 produces the same metabolites as regular Delta 9 THC that can trigger a positive test.
As with any cannabis-derived product, your chances of testing positive depend on a variety of factors including duration of use, the type of test and your body chemistry.
But the bottom line is that you should not use Delta 8 or any cannabis product if you are unwilling to accept the risk of testing positive on a drug test. In the case of Delta 8 specifically, the risk is high.
Are Delta 8 Products Legal?
The legality of Delta 8 THC in the United States is currently a topic of much debate. The 2018 Farm Bill which was signed into law in December 2018 explicitly legalized all derivatives and extracts from the hemp plant. To be legally classified as being from hemp, the levels of Delta 9 THC must be less than 0.3% on a dry weight basis.
What remains unclear is the classification of Delta 8 THC not only in terms of the 2018 Farm Bill but also subsequent rules from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Specifically, it is not clear whether Delta 8 THC should be treated as being synthetically derived or classfied the same as Delta 9 THC. There is hope that there will be more definitive clarifications coming in 2021.
How Do You Use Delta 8?
The first decision you’ll need to make is how you want to take it. The 3 most common ways for beginners to use Delta 8 are: (1) vaping, (2) gummies and (3) tinctures.
Each of these delivery methods differ in terms of onset speed, duration and intensity of the effects. Let’s discuss each of these different delivery methods to help you choose the one that may be best for you.
The most popular way of using Delta 8 is vaping. Different strains have unique effects so you will want to choose the strain based on the effects that you are seeking.
Vape cartridges are popular with users because of the large variety of strain options. The ability to choose the strain and blend of terpenes allows you to customize the effects for your needs. Some experimentation with different strains is recommend to find the one that works best for you.
When you vape Delta 8, the effects are typically felt immediately and can be more intense than other methods. Because of the rapid onset, vaping is a popular choice for those seeking fast relief. The effects from vaping normally last for between 2-3 hours from your last puff.
Another popular way of taking Delta 8 are gummies. They are a good choice if you do not want to choose a specific strain or you do not like the idea of vaping. Gummies are also easy to consume and measure mg amounts more accurately. Gummies are typically between 10-25 milligrams of Delta 8 THC.
Gummies have the slowest onset time. It can take up to an hour to two hours to feel any effects because they are digested. The good news is that when it does kick in, the effects can last for up to 4-8 hours.
Because of the absorption through the digestive tract, gummies tend to have more of a “total body” effect. Gummies have the lowest bioavailability and absorption rate, of the different methods. So generally, you will need to consume more milligrams of an edible to get the same effects as vaping or tinctures.
Sublingual drops, or tinctures, have always been the most popular or best-known way that users consume CBD. Just like CBD tinctures, Delta 8 are taken by holding the drops under your tongue for at least 45-60 seconds.
The effects from tinctures are normally felt in 15-20 minutes and can last for up to 4-6 hours. Tinctures are a good choice for those who do not need immediate relief and want the effects to last longer than vaping. They have higher absorption rates than gummies, so you will find they are more cost-effective over time.
Arlington TX Delta 8 THC Tips
- As is true with any cannabis-based product, there is no correct amount to take for optimal results as this will vary from person to person. The effects of Delta 8 and other cannabinoids such as CBD are very individualized. And you can expect to get different effects depending on how much you take. You will need to do some experimentation to find the optimal milligram or “sweet spot” amount that produces the effect you desire without unwanted side effects.
- The most important thing is to start low on servings. As recommended with CBD, we recommend starting lower and working your way up. This means starting with one puff if you are vaping, a quarter or half of a gummy (you can cut them into pieces), or just a couple drops of tincture depending on its potency. By starting low and increasing slowly over time, you will be able to find the optimal amount that works best for you.
- If you experience headaches, nausea, or any other undesired effects, you are probably taking too much. Try lowering the amount you are taking to find your sweet spot.
- If you choose gummies as your delivery method, give it at least an hour and a half before you even consider taking more. A classic beginner mistake is to take a gummy and then think that you need another one after 30-45 minutes because you have not felt anything yet. In most cases, your body just has not yet metabolized the first one and taking more before it does can lead to undesired effects.
Delta 8 Products In Arlington TX
Many cannabis consumers are turning to Delta-8-THC. The difference between Delta-8 and Delta-9 is subtle: Both will provide you with the “Colorado feeling”, but Delta 8 is much milder than Delta . Delta 8 does not intensify anxiety as some Delta 9 users may claim. Delta 8 THC can probably best be described as a less potent, more uplifting and clear-headed version of Delta 9 THC.
Delta-8 is quickly becoming the hot new cannabis product, appearing in forms such as Delta 8 vape cartridges, Delta 8 gummies and Delta 8 tinctures. Currently Arlington TX residents can find the best Delta 8 products at CBD American Shaman Arlington TX, located at Royal Lane and MacArthur Blvd. CBD American Shaman Arlington TX currently offers one of the largest Delta 8 and CBD selection in Texas. The rise in popularity mirrors the CBD (cannabidiol) explosion and just like with CBD, there still isn’t a lot of quality control over product manufacturing or testing/evidence to back up medical claims. You can trust CBD American Shaman to provide only the best quality products.